[gobolinux-users] Portfolios

Przemysław Pawełczyk warpman at kv.net.pl
Thu Sep 8 14:15:11 GMT 2005

Hi,

The idea of Portfolios i.e. Package of Packages for keeping sound versions and
dealing with dependencies have come to my mind while thinking about what I
wrote in Dependencies thread.

Examples:
1) Portfolio KDE - we could add a version number or treating it as a Current
version
2) Portfolio Safety - all packages related to computer authentication and
safety - SSL, antivir, firewall, GPG, etc....
3) Portfolio I18N-xx - where xx would designate country code and the packages
would embrace such topics as dictionaries and their vocabulary databases,
localization variables, fonts, keyboards, ...
4) Portfolio IceWM - you can add essential packages yourself :) My second
distro which I have used daily was based on IceWM, Firefox, Thunderbird,
AbiWord, and others (see www.cdlinux.pl or screenshots:
http://wiki.cdlinux.pl/index.php/Zdjęcia_dystrybucji_oficjalne).
5) ...

Regards,
warpman
--
Przemys³aw (warpman) Pawe³czyk (pren. Pshemislav Paveltchik)
warpman at kv.net.pl, warpman at interia.pl
JID: warpman at jabber.gda.pl (Eng) # GG: 8762470 (Pol)
http://warpman.kv.net.pl, http://www.cdlinux.pl, http://www.gobolinux.com