[gobolinux-users] Re: InstallPackage do not see contrib

Albert albertwagner at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 23:38:35 GMT 2005

Hisham Muhammad wrote:
> On 9/12/05, Przemysław Pawełczyk <warpman at kv.net.pl> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Why my InstallPackage do not recognize contrib entries in GetAvailable.conf
>
> Because we cannot vouch for contrib packages.

That was understood, but it's *my* machine.  If I need a package
that is only available from contrib, who are you to say no?  The
*proper* thing to do is to examine all contribs for promotion to
official.  Why else are they visible in the repositories?

> Until digitally signed
> packages become the norm, we will not provide automatic installation
> of contrib packages. With signatures, then the user will decide who to
> trust.

I know no more about you than I do about anyone else on the web.

BTW, as you seem to have forgotten, InstallPackage is a
*script*, not object code.