[gobolinux-users] Re: Is this a Python Recipe "bug"?

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 02:33:51 GMT 2005

On 9/12/05, Andreas Köhler <andi5.py at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I'd like to see shell functions "PathPrepend varname value" and
> > "PathAppend varname value".
>
> after playing a bit i got it working here. So maybe somebody is
> interested in my way to shorten PATH variables. Beware, I did not
> test it exhaustively, but I think it should work in ba/zsh somehow.
>
> Do what you want with it :D

Thanks! Commited to CVS as Functions/PathVariable. My idea is to
source it in zshrc/bashrc prior to sourcing the environment cache
file, and then unload the functions. Resources/Environment entries
will then be advised to use them. There's still some more tweaks to be
done before we get this running, though (see the committed file for
details).

-- Hisham