[gobolinux-users] Re: Some minor questions

Carlo Calica ccalica at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 05:46:38 GMT 2005

On 9/8/05, Hisham Muhammad <hisham.hm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm open to radical changes as needed and I think we should decide things through consensus, but when/if we get stuck in crossroads, I'd still like to keep the final word on the recipe format. I think I have the "landscape view" of Compile in my head and the recipe writing experience to keep the design in focus.

Sounds good.

I've been a bit busy the last few days to think too deeply about this.
 And I'll be offline for the next few days.

May I suggest we focus first on the users interaction with Compile.
This includes switch options, config files, querying the available
features, how features are auto selected, etc.  This needs to be
documented on the wiki.  A good template is the project spec I wrote
for PackageBundles (needs to be renamed PackageCollections).

For now ignore everything else.

Once that is nailed down, look at the following in order: 1) the
recipe maintainer perspective, 2) changes to the recipe format, 3)
changes to Compile code.

--
Carlo J. Calica