[gobolinux-users] gobolinux-devel mailing list

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Thu Sep 22 20:56:44 GMT 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:17:08 +0200, warpman <warpman at kv.net.pl> wrote:

> Jonas Karlsson napisa?(a):
>>>
>>> Hi Hisham,
>>>
>>> OT. I beg your pardon to write to you here but I got no answers from
>>> anyone from Gobo community on new mirror.
>>>
>>> Why my information put to forum a few days ago and to web maintainer
>>> (gobo at gobolinux.org) about new mirror site on Sunsite in Warsaw didn't
>>> find its way into downloads page
>>> (http://www.gobolinux.org/index.php?lang=en_US&page=downloads) in
>>> Gobo  WWW?
>>
>> The URL you refer to is the mirror list for ISOs. Probably you didn't
>> state clear enough that you also wanted to mirror the ISOs.
>
> Hi,
> That means no one did give a damn to look at the address (excerpt from
> my e-mail):

Well to quote you:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:55:10 +0200, warpman <warpman at kv.net.pl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I asked sunsite.icm.edu.pl for GoboLinux update and
> recipe/packages/official/conttrib repository.

Here you say that you are setting up a mirror for recipes and official and
contributed packages. I could no see, anywhere in that e-mail, that you
were to host the ISOs as well. Therefore people thought that you only
would host the repositories. A wrong assumption it seems, but it was
correct with the fact presented.
GoboLinux is still a small community and people still put trust in what
other people say.

> Welcome to new mirror site in Central Europe:  :)
> ftp://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/pub/Linux/dist/gobolinux/

Thank you! :)

>> I cannot speak for Hisham, but my interpretation of the announcement is
>> that it is for everyone, especially those that are interrested in the
>> development of GoboLinux. The list is open for everyone.
>
> Just to clear up linguistic complexities:
> development of GoboLinus = in holistic aspect
> or
> development of GoboLinus = in terms of programming?

I dont think it's an xor approach, but it involves both development of
GoboLinux' elements (Scripts and such) as well as development of GoboLinux
as a whole.

--
/Jonas

PS. I am a real person, not a fantasy figure of Hisham. If you were
offended that I replied to your e-mail addressed to Hisham, shouldn't I be
offended when you repudiate me as an own person. Please think before you
come with such accusations.