[gobolinux-users] Xwindows is not being automatically afterboot started

David Smith dsmith at algonet.se
Thu Sep 29 17:06:56 GMT 2005

Jonatan Liljedahl wrote:

>>>I noticed another thing. KDEDIRS doesn't seem to be set when using
>>>kdm, so themes and applets don't work. Did you get kdm to work
>>>without that kind of trouble?
>>>

> They are loaded by interactive login shells. If you rename /etc/zshrc to
> /etc/zprofile it will be loaded by all login shells. if you also change
> your ~/.xsession to use #!/bin/zsh -l instead of #!/bin/sh it will work.

I found my problem (in case anyone is interrested :) ). There is an
xprofile in the default settings for Scripts which sources Environment,
but that never made it into my settings when upgrading.

(It would be very nice if Compile and InstallPrograms could optionally
update  settings, but I'll write another mail about that...)

About zprofile: is it right to have both zprofile and xprofile that
sources Environment? kdm reads both. I don't know what xdm and gdm does.
Sourcing it twice is certainly better than not at all, though...

--
david