[gobolinux-users] New Idea: From the blog.

Rayne Van-Dunem raynenamibia at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 07:10:59 UTC 2006

Did anyone read the comments to the most-recent Gobo-related Digg story?

Once again, its been mentioned that Mac OS X accomplishes what it does with
applications by means of a navigable drag-and-drop GUI + an "Applications"
folder.

Then I Google for "linux+drag-and-drop", only to find that there's little to
no mention of drag-and-drop for a made-for-linux user interface.

I see one or two here and there which state that GNOME is
lessdrag-and-drop-oriented than Mac OS X because its
main development focus is for Windows
users<http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2006/06/lesser-known-drag-and-drop-tips-in.html>
.

So I've written up this blogpiece as a
thought<http://gobolinux.blogspot.com/2006/12/drag-and-drop-or-application-as.html>on
the lack of, and need for more Drag-and-Drop. Halfway through it, I
make
a realization.

Of course, this might be less within the periphery of the Gobo devs and more
within the realm of the KDE and GNOME devs, but I would simply like to know
what you all think. Thanks.

Rayne