Jonatan Liljedahl lijon at kymatica.com
Sun Dec 3 12:19:15 UTC 2006

Martin Baldan wrote:
...snip...
> Again, I don't think this is an impossible or bad idea in itself, I
>> just don't think it's plausible or fitting for Gobolinux. A very
>> security-conscious, high-resourced, binary-based distribution could
>> well want to take it on, if they don't already.
>>

> If it can't be automated, clean and optional, in a  very gobo-like
> spirit, I
> don't want it. It should work as an option in Compile, something like
> choosing between "Compile --realnames appfoo" or "Compile --sonames appfoo"
> and having a global variable to state which is the default behavior. The
> compatibility database would be just an aid for safe update automation, but
> it would be easily overriden by the user without breaking anything (in fact
> that's the way the database would grow).
>
> I will be busy for a few days, but when I have the time, I'd like to look
> further into the matter, read more about this, ask a few more questions and
> then ask for something like this as an optional feature, unobstrusive with
> the general Gobolinux workings.

Just an idea.. I'm not sure what you want, but if you want to control
exactly what libraries are linked (runtime) with a program, wouldn't it
be possible to have a separate set of links to libs under each program?
Like /Programs/Foo/Current/Links/lib and then set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
this before running a binary?

--
/Jonatan    -=( http://kymatica.com )=-