[gobolinux-users] My ideas for GoboLinux #014

Martin Baldan martinobal at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 14:36:34 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. The 014 should not in CD, - should in DVD, for the bigger area.

That's good, but please, there should be also the option of downloading a
smaller version that fits in a cd, as other distros do (for instance,
Debian. Or PCLinuxOS, which has three sizes). IMHO it would be best to have
a version of 649 MB, so that I can burn it to a CD-RW, and when the new
version comes, use the same CD-RW. Another version could be for DVD-RW, etc.

3. In DVD I want the following programs:
> - KDE-I18N-hu
> - Full GNOME, but the gnome-games not. (I preferre not KDE, I preferre
> Gnome).
> - ICEWM and XFCE
> - Multi Gnome Terminal: http://multignometerm.sourceforge.net/
> - CDFS filesystem, compiled into the kernel.
> - Timidity with the all Instruments
> - Azureus
> - gThumb
> - Evolution
> - NVU
> - XaoS fractal-program
> - gFTP
> - Bochs PC-emulator

Cool, I would  use  Qemu with kqemu instead of (or besides) Bochs. And I
would add Wine, OpenOffice, Lyx, aMule, aMsn and Nexuiz (a fully GPL'd
quake-like game), to begin with ;).

> 6. The GoboHide should be in 014 internationalized.

How will this work in practice? I prefer to see the real (English) directory
names, for scripts and the like.
On the other hand, full UTF-8 support sounds nice :)

BTW, to maintainers, I want to make it to the Hall of Fame! I use Gobo (dual
booting with PCLInuxOS), and I can prove it:

http://karlsson.sytes.net/~hooke/pclos93_pcc_screenshots/boot/boot3.png

:D

--Martin