[gobolinux-users] My ideas for GoboLinux #014

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 16:02:18 UTC 2006

Dear Martin, for "internationalize" I think not for the non-english
directory-names: The "programs", "sytem", etcetera directory names is my
very, total good. I think only for the full UTF-8 encoding, for the
non-english characters. (In my hungarian language is the folloing special
characters: áéíűúőóüö, ÁÉÍŰÚŐÓÜÖ). And, the I18N-hu files... This special
characters need be in the console charset.

For the good downloading of the DVD-version, I think, this is need available
with bittorrent.

And I think, most Gobo-Users have not interessing for the games, also I
mean, in the base-version not need be games, nothing games, but need make a
plus, special game-CD (or DVD), with games. And, I think, the OpenOffice
need be in the same special CD: the hungarian peoples (for example I...) use
the special, national OOo and all peoples have the own OOo, also the peoples
use non the english OOo version! If the 014 is available, I will not install
the english OOo, I install my hungarian OOo! The OOo package is too big, and
I think, this is not need in the base-CD (or DVD): her make bigger
download-time, make over time!

Zoli

2006/12/3, Martin Baldan <martinobal at gmail.com>:

> On 11/28/06, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > 2. The 014 should not in CD, - should in DVD, for the bigger area.
>

> That's good, but please, there should be also the option of downloading a
> smaller version that fits in a cd, as other distros do (for instance,
> Debian. Or PCLinuxOS, which has three sizes). IMHO it would be best to have
> a version of 649 MB, so that I can burn it to a CD-RW, and when the new
> version comes, use the same CD-RW. Another version could be for DVD-RW, etc.
>

> 3. In DVD I want the following programs:
> > - KDE-I18N-hu
> > - Full GNOME, but the gnome-games not. (I preferre not KDE, I preferre
> > Gnome).
> > - ICEWM and XFCE
> > - Multi Gnome Terminal: http://multignometerm.sourceforge.net/
> > - CDFS filesystem, compiled into the kernel.
> > - Timidity with the all Instruments
> > - Azureus
> > - gThumb
> > - Evolution
> > - NVU
> > - XaoS fractal-program
> > - gFTP
> > - Bochs PC-emulator
>

> Cool, I would  use  Qemu with kqemu instead of (or besides) Bochs. And I
> would add Wine, OpenOffice, Lyx, aMule, aMsn and Nexuiz (a fully GPL'd
> quake-like game), to begin with ;).
>

> > 6. The GoboHide should be in 014 internationalized.
>

> How will this work in practice? I prefer to see the real (English)
> directory names, for scripts and the like.
> On the other hand, full UTF-8 support sounds nice :)
>
> BTW, to maintainers, I want to make it to the Hall of Fame! I use Gobo
> (dual booting with PCLInuxOS), and I can prove it:
>
> http://karlsson.sytes.net/~hooke/pclos93_pcc_screenshots/boot/boot3.png<http://karlsson.sytes.net/%7Ehooke/pclos93_pcc_screenshots/boot/boot3.png>
>
> :D
>
> --Martin

Honlapom: http://poliverzum.birodalom.net/powi
A #86-os sorszámú hivatalosan bejegyzett GoboLinux felhasználó
The #86 official GoboLinux-user

A GoboLinux felhasználók hivatalos magyar fóruma:
The official forum for the hungarian GoboLinux-users:
http://linux.birodalom.net/gobophpbb