[gobolinux-users] Mouse not working

Mathias Maranhão scouter_mathias at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 13:34:47 UTC 2006

Hello to all fellows, I'm Mathias and am starting with gnu/linux 'way of
life'. :P
I'm using some simple distros, as I still a beginner... I'm currently using
a brazilian distro based on Knoppix (so everything, even my ISP
configuration was detected...the reason which lead me using this speciffic
distro...).
But, I think that linux should have many changes to become friendly with
common people. So, one point that (in my opinion) should be imporeved in all
Distros is the gobolinux directory tree. I still have some other thought but
this is not the right place....
So, I was trying to check what gobolinux has to offer. I downloaded the
livecd and burned... I was very excited... Then KDE started, loaded... and
my problem began.
My mouse worked for a few seconds (very tiny ones). But suddendly (and here
comes the prob) it stopped moving. Everything was working but the mouse. :(
So I sent a translation to Gobolinux ppl and also asked some help. Which i
got trully fast and I must ask Lucas for that... He said about [esc] Xorg
while loading... but I couldn't do it. :/ Well with KDE loaded I went to (so
intuitive man...) /Programs/Xorg/Settings/X11/xorg.conf and saw the file..
Seems to me the file is ok...
says like:
... "mouse0" "corepointer"
... "keyboard0" "corekeyboard"...

and the keyboard was working...

Well, sorry for the bad english, for the confusing text.. But pls m8s help
me. :(