[gobolinux-users] A brief report and some questions

Benjamin Bruheim grolgh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 18:02:45 UTC 2006

On 12/10/06, André Detsch <detsch at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> This downloads the latest recipe for the kernel, gets you into make
> menuconfig, and, after compilation, places the kernel image (as long
> as the modules) in the right place.

As Andy said, it was because I needed the sources so I could compile
the module up against the kernel configuration. Also, added that I had
no internet connection complicated this step further.

> > I also figured out the recipe for WxPython was broken. But this is
> > non-trivial to fix (for me) since it is a multistage install. First a
> > regular configure-install, then a setup.py-install. Any ideas?
> Maybe add this extra step inside pre_link()?

First I need to call setup.py build, then setup.py install. How can I
make sure both these steps are called with the correct prefixes, and
the install within a sandbox?

Otherwise thanks for great feedback.