[gobolinux-users] Recipe question and PrepareProgram question

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Tue Dec 12 08:03:21 UTC 2006

2006/12/12, V <mkdm_2000 at yahoo.com>:
> Hi,
>
> 1.  Can we add an option to the recipes to use a
> local-file for the source of a program?
>
> i.e.  localfile='/path/to/myprogram.zip'
>
> so when Compile is run, it just unpacks myprogram.zip
> into /Files/Compile/Sources , enters the folder and
> compiles it?
>
> Since "the Internet" isn't always up, if one has a
> local copy of the source, it would be nice if Compile
> could use it.  It would be nice for a lot of other
> reasons as well.

You can use the '--no-fetch' option to MakeRecipe, to tell it to not
try to fetch the file but instead look in /Files/Compile/Archives. For
Compile yo ucan get the same effect by using '--no-web'.

> 2.  I'm trying to use PrepareProgram to manually
> compile a program since I can't do the above.
>
> When I run PrepareProgram Test 0.12 , it invokes the
> configure script but it *DOES NOT* create the
> folder(s) in /Programs (i.e. /Programs/Test is not
> made).

To only generate the folders you have to run PrepareProgram with the
'--tree' option e.g. 'PrepareProgram --tree Test 1.2'

--
/Jonas