[gobolinux-users] Internet problem in 013

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Sat Dec 16 13:58:55 UTC 2006

On 12/16/06, Andy Feldman <nereusren at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Lucas C. Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> > By giving a quick look at its sources, maybe recompiling it with the
> > following patch does the trick:
> > [...]
> >
> > Do you have a way to recompile and test it there? Do you have 013
> > installed in one of your partitions, or are you testing it from the
> > live cd?
>
> I have it installed on another partition, so I'll try recompiling with
> this patch.

Nice. Another thing that comes to mind is the "acpi=" parameter in the
GRUB's menu.lst. My girlfriend had a similar problem after a kernel
upgrade, where the network card was detected, the IP was configured,
but no communication could be done (the difference was that she didn't
have a 1 minute grace period of usage). Removing "acpi=off" from her
bootloader made it work fine again.

--
Lucas