[gobolinux-users] Internet problem in 013

Andy Feldman nereusren at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 16:25:24 UTC 2006

On 12/16/06, Lucas C. Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> On 12/16/06, Andy Feldman <nereusren at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [...]
> > I have it installed on another partition, so I'll try recompiling with
> > this patch.
>
> Nice. Another thing that comes to mind is the "acpi=" parameter in the
> GRUB's menu.lst.

Neither of those solutions seemed to help. The only change I noticed
is that after recompiling the kernel (I also went up to the latest
version with a recipe: 2.6.18.3), the dmfe driver actually showed up
in lsmod, along with an entry in dmesg confirming that it loaded the
driver for a Davicom 9XXX ethernet card. dmfe doesn't show up in lsmod
in 012, nor did it show up in 013 with the default kernel.

I checked to make sure the dmfe module that was loaded was from the
new kernel, and that the patch was applied properly in the
/F/Compile/Sources directory.

Removing acpi=off from menu.lst had no immediately noticeable change.

Tonight I'll try downgrading the whole kernel to 2.6.11.9 (which I use
in 012) just to confirm whether that is the problem. If that works,
I'll try using 2.6.11.9's dmfe.c with the rest of the 2.6.18.3 kernel.

What's the fastest way to recompile the kernel if I am only changing
one .c file? Compile --lazy Linux? Or can I even get away with just
recompiling the dmfe.ko module in this case? I'm hesitant to take
shortcuts when troubleshooting, because I never know which steps are
important to solving the problem.

-Andy