[gobolinux-users] Proposal: Whitebox programs and a flexible naming policy for Gobolinux packages

Michael Homer gobo-users-dufus at wotfun.com
Tue Dec 19 03:02:44 UTC 2006

On 12/19/06, Martin Baldan <martinobal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, guys, I've just posted one of those crazy proposals in the ideas
> section, and I'd like to know what people think :)
>
> http://gobo.kundor.org/wiki/Ideas#Whitebox_programs_and_a_flexible_naming_policy_for_Gobolinux_packages

I thought it was reasonable (I still didn't agree with the principle
you're espousing, but it was reasonable) up until the "Basic Strategy"
part at the bottom. I'm still not sure I understand it, but it seems
to require having hideously long and complicated package names. I may
not have understood all of your notation, though - could you add some
practical examples to the page for each case?
-Michael