[gobolinux-users] Not shutting down cleanly

Travis Evans travisgevans at cox.net
Wed Dec 27 17:47:36 UTC 2006

I just discovered that my installed GoboLinux system is not always going
through the proper shutdown procedure when I tell it to reboot.  If I
press Ctrl+Alt+Del or issue "sudo shutdown -r now", it reboots properly
(showing the GoboLinux logo and stopping services), but if I
issue "sudo reboot", or (worse yet) end my KDE session and
choose "Restart computer" as a *regular* user, the system kills X, then
reboots *immediately*--and then the file systems have to be recovered
on the next boot.

Anyone know why?  I didn't see any aliases or anything that might be
causing the "reboot" command to not go through the proper procedure.

--
Travis Evans