[gobolinux-users] I'm new; Don't hurt me ;)

Travis Evans travisgevans at cox.net
Thu Dec 28 23:55:41 UTC 2006

On Thursday 28 December 2006 09:48, Andy Feldman wrote:
> SymlinkProgram LibB 1.2
> Compile AppA
> SymlinkProgram LibB 2.0
>
> If AppA is really badly behaved the second SymlinkProgram might break
> it, but in that case I'm not sure how anyone would use AppA even in
> other distros. You'd have to compile it statically, I guess.

I think I once got around a problem like that (on SUSE) by
compiling "LibB 2.0" in another location, then compiling the app
against it, then make a script for launching the app that temporarily
sets some environment variable called "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" (or something
like that) to point to the location of LibB 2.0, being careful not to
include the path to LibB 1.2 in it, before the app starts.  It worked,
but it's a pain.

--
Travis Evans