[gobolinux-users] Compiling Glibc 2.5

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 21:09:24 UTC 2006

On 11/1/06, Lucas C. Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> If the compilation succeeds, you'll have a new package stored at
> Clean/i686, doing no harm to your installed system if something goes
> wrong during its installation. Then it's just a matter of (carefully)
> installing the package in your system.

André posted this on the devel list recently about how to install Glibc:

1 - Become superuser
# a superuser terminal has to be open before running step 2
# since you will not be able to perform 'su' or 'sudo' after step 2
and before step 3
2 - InstallPackage Glibc--2.4--i686.tar.bz2
# there is no need to update any file inside the Settings directory
3 - cd /Programs/Glibc; mv 2.3.2 old_2.3.2
# a rm -rf could be performed as well, but having keeping a backup may
be useful
# if something goes wrong (having a live cd copy available might be
also useful :)

Just my -- no, André's! -- two cents. :) (I'll pay him back some other time ;) )

-- Hisham