[gobolinux-users] Compiling Glibc 2.5

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Wed Nov 1 23:53:45 UTC 2006

On 11/1/06, Paul Dann <giddie at christian.net> wrote:
>   Thanks for the feedback on this guys.  Lucas, I take it ChrootCompile
> is a script in development?  I'm guessing it's something to do with
> isolating the build even further from the live system?

Yes, it creates an isolated environment where problems doesn't affect
the installed system, while ensuring that "clean" packages are used as
a basis to create its environment.

ChrootCompile is pretty much stable -- it was used to generate the
entire set of packages on these release candidates for 013. It might
probably become a package now, when we finish 013 development and
unfreeze our cvs from new features.

> Anyway, I
> fortunately managed to get Glibc 2.5 to build already, with a bit of
> tweaking, and Samba compiled happily and is working perfectly.

Cool! Could you please contribute the recipe by sending its tarball to
the gobolinux-recipes mailing list? I can try to compile it in
ChrootCompile here to ensure that everything is ok and then upload it
to our recipe store.

If you don't have a tarball for it at /Files/Compile/Store, you can
just type 'GenRecipeStore Glibc' and look for it again at that dir.

Cheers,

--
Lucas