[gobolinux-users] Compiling Glibc 2.5

Paul Dann giddie at christian.net
Thu Nov 2 00:10:50 UTC 2006

  I would love to contribute a recipe to feel I'd helped in some way.
Unfortunately, during this process Compile bails out with errors (twice)
despite the package itself seeming to be OK.  I don't know enough about
recipes to know how to streamline the process at the moment and I'm
unfortunately running out of time to spend working on the problem :(  It
takes quite a while to compile of course, and now that Glibc is working
for me, I must regrettably focus my efforts on Samba & co.

  If noone else has the time and I find myself with some extra, I will
certainly have a tinker.  The method I found is quite a kludge though,
and I think I read that Hisham is working on the Compile bug that is at
least partly to blame (Settings not being copied).

Paul