[gobolinux-users] amd64

Vojta Grec gobo at morha.com
Thu Nov 2 22:50:53 UTC 2006

Hi Paul,
I read the Gobo ML for quite some time and don't know about any AMD64
progress now. But why am I writing: I have an x86_64 machine and like
GoboLinux, so if you start some 64bit thingies, I could join you (I've
posted twice about my effort to run Gobo on my i586 notebook but I finally
gave up (at least for now) because the old 011 i386 iso didn't work for me
(the notebook has no cdrom, so I got the disk into other machine and
installed, maybe this is the catch) and I needed the notebook to be operable
in short time). I don't dare to run Gobo as my main OS now because I want to
utilize all the 64bit power;-) but if there is some more support and
coordination from the devs ( f.e. I don't feel like compiling kernel and
glibc every day:-)) and most preferably a way to develop Gobo 64bit port on
top of any other distro (Kubuntu in my case), I should dedicate some of my
spare time to this. Or I could install Gobo i686, but that would mean some
repartitioning and other things that I'm not very fond of.

Vojta