[gobolinux-users] Enlightenment

Otto Barnes otto.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 23:00:24 UTC 2006

I have been toying with E17 lately.  I created recipes for all of the
dependencies of the enlightenment tarball and most of the other
applications when I started to wonder how users were going to install
both E16 and E17 on the same system and use them at the same time.
Personally, I would like to type 'Compile E17' and get the whole
thing, entrance, eterm, and themes.  So this spawns a couple
questions:

1.  Would using a meta recipe allow me to grab the E17 group keeping
the individual application and library versions separate from E16?

2.  This isn't in line with the current paradigm...i.e KDE, XFCE, etc...right?

3.  Would this be better in a script?  Or is this a new paradigm...say
Compile --group E17?

What do you think?
-Otto

P.S. The 013 release is great.