[gobolinux-users] md devices at live cd before install

Sean E. Russell gobo at ser1.net
Sun Nov 5 13:13:54 UTC 2006

On Sunday 05 November 2006 08:00, Zsolt Szokolai wrote:
> The mdadm (thanks again for it) unusable (for me), because (udevd or who)
> not create device node for md.
> (I entered "modprobe raid1" of course)
> Please tell me, why not created md in /System/Kernel/Devices?
> Or do by hand with mknod? But I do not know the type, major and minor for
> raid md.

You should not have to create device nodes with udev.  Do your physical
devices appear in /dev after you boot?  Did you run mdadm with the "scan"
option?  (EG: 'mdadm --monitor --scan')  If all else fails, check your
configuration in /etc/mdadm.conf.  I haven't looked at the config that goes
out with Gobo, but it should probably contain at least:

	DEVICES=/dev/sd* /dev/hd*

but you may have to manually enter the ARRAY option.

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido|Iaido