[gobolinux-users] can't boot 013, SQUASHFS error

Thomas Hühn huehn at usenet.arcornews.de
Tue Nov 7 15:27:24 UTC 2006

Hi

I just downloaded the iso and wanted to give it a try.

I noticed some error messages before it hung and didn't boot into the
system.

First sign of trouble:

Starting Udev...
SQUASHFS error: zlib_fs returned unexpected result 0xfffffffd

Immediately followed by more SQUASHFS errors, mostly of the kind "unable
to read (cache...|block...|...)"

Later:

PCI: Unable to reserve mem region #1:1000 at fecf0000 for device 0000:00:06.0

Later:

=> Launching the loopback interface
BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000091

Then I see a short stack printout and a long Call Trace (mostly zlib and
squashfs stuff).

Any idea what's going wrong? I have a not-very-new Dell system (Intel
Pentium 4, Hyperthreading), no SCSI. Any more information needed?

Greetings
Thomas