[gobolinux-users] numlock on

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 06:20:09 UTC 2006

I find in the KDE-Base a file, located in
/Programs/KDE-Base/3.5.3/Shared/config/kdm and named kdmrc, and in
this is a line:

#Numlock=Off

I rewrite this, to:
Numlock=On

but, sorry, in the login and after, the numlock is for me off.

The numlockx package have I installed, and work in virtual terminals
correct, when I typed numlockx on/off - but only, if I am not the
root!

Voilá:

root at Csiszilla KDE-Base/3.5.3/Shared/config/kdm]numlockx off
Xlib: No protocol specified

Error opening display!
root at Csiszilla KDE-Base/3.5.3/Shared/config/kdm]exit
vz at Csiszilla ~]numlockx off
vz at Csiszilla ~]numlockx on
(The "vz" is the non-superuser-privilegized user)

Zoli