[gobolinux-users] Perl module problems

Paul Dann giddie at christian.net
Wed Nov 8 13:43:29 UTC 2006

Thanks for the quick reply Jonas,

Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> To be honest I have never installed a perl module from recipe, I
> always use cpan instead. Maybe we can use cpan as well, I have a
> feeling that they know this better than us.

I actually used MakeRecipe to compile the modules from the source at
cpan, so it'll be the same as CompileProgram's behaviour I would
imagine.  Is this what you mean?
> This should not happen, instead you should get a warning stating that
> there's a conflict. No new program should overwrite any link by
> default (this behavious can be changed by specifying the corresponding
> option).
> If you are sure that you not have specified forcing overwrites of
> symlink, please post a bug report at bugs.gobolinux.org.
Compile does in fact declare a conflict at the symlinking stage, but it
seems to go ahead and relink it anyway.  When compiling Perl-XML_Writer,
it doesn't complain at all, and re-symlinks the whole of /lib/perl5.

Paul