[gobolinux-users] Cannot boot 013 because of squashfs problems.

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 15:42:35 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, magnus joh <magnusjjj at gmail.com> wrote:
> Its a HyperThreading system, yes. Ah, might try to disable that and see if
> that works then.

I looked into the error message in Google and it seems to be a squashfs bug. :(
I've seen reports that passing ide=nodma seems to help. Try this from
the isolinux bootloader command line: (all in a single line,
case-sensitive)

/isolinux/kernel initrd init=/linuxrc ramdisk_size=4096 root=/dev/ram0
video=vesafb:off Boot=LiveCD ide=nodma

IIRC, "nosmp" can be passed to disable SMP, as well.

-- Hisham