[gobolinux-users] Perl module problems

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Wed Nov 8 22:16:32 UTC 2006

After I remade the recipe for mod_perl I have some completions to this.

2006/11/8, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se>:
> 2006/11/8, Paul Dann <giddie at christian.net>:
> >  Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> > >  To be honest I have never installed a perl module from recipe, I
> > > always use cpan instead. Maybe we can use cpan as well, I have a
> > > feeling that they know this better than us.

The issue of merging the perllocal.pod files still stands for those
perl packages one installs from recipe, like mod_perl. Is this
information necesary? If use the cpan console I can see that I have
mod_perl installed, even though I installed it using a recipe and no
information was updated in the perl package.

> > >  This should not happen, instead you should get a warning stating that
> > > there's a conflict. No new program should overwrite any link by
> > > default (this behavious can be changed by specifying the corresponding
> > > option).
> > > If you are sure that you not have specified forcing overwrites of
> > > symlink, please post a bug report at bugs.gobolinux.org.
> >  Compile does in fact declare a conflict at the symlinking stage, but it
> > seems to go ahead and relink it anyway.  When compiling Perl-XML_Writer, it
> > doesn't complain at all, and re-symlinks the whole of /lib/perl5.
> >
> Please file a bug report.

I cannot verify. During installation of mod_perl I got the warning
about the conflict, but the symlink was kept and still points at
perllocal.pod in the Perl/5.8.6 package.

--
/Jonas