[gobolinux-users] Perl module problems

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 00:11:09 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se> wrote:
> After I remade the recipe for mod_perl I have some completions to this.
>
> 2006/11/8, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se>:
> > >
> The issue of merging the perllocal.pod files still stands for those
> perl packages one installs from recipe, like mod_perl. Is this
> information necesary? If use the cpan console I can see that I have
> mod_perl installed, even though I installed it using a recipe and no
> information was updated in the perl package.

I've always got these perllocal.pod conflicts on Perl packages but
nothing ever failed to work because of that. Any idea what this file
is for?

All Perl-based stuff I'm using here was compiled with Compile. I could
never get Perl's direct cpan interface working fine, but I might have
messed up something here.

If necessary, we can special-case the merging of perllocal.pod in the
"perl" recipe_type for Compile.

-- Hisham