[gobolinux-users] Perl module problems

Paul Dann giddie at christian.net
Thu Nov 9 00:23:49 UTC 2006

Hi Hisham, thanks for taking the time to respond to this,

  I didn't know about the cpan interface until Jonas mentioned it, so
I'm trying it out now.  My main problem is that BackupPC (which is perl
based) reports not being able to find Compress::Zlib.  Looking into it,
I assumed it was a problem with the perllocal.pod symlinking, but fixing
that doesn't seem to have helped.  Cpan feel like another horrible
package manager, but it seems to be doing a better job of dependency
checking on the perl modules, which may well be the problem.  If
dependencies are indeed the problem, can you think of any better way for
Compile to check them?

Paul