[gobolinux-users] Gobo 013 & SCS

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Fri Nov 10 01:41:29 UTC 2006

On 11/9/06, V <mkdm_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Lucas,
>
> "Lucas C. Villa Real" wrote:
> Re: Gobo013 & SCSI
>
> > In fact it was left as modules only in the kernel. I
> > guess that you'll
> > either need to plug in a temporary IDE CD-ROM drive
> > to install it, or
> > put an uploaded kernel image in the CD and generate
> > it again. Do you
> > have access to a IDE drive there?
>
> The machine doesn't have any spare IDE channels (they
> are used by IDE HDDs).  I guess I'll have to update
> the LiveCD on another Gobo machine :/ .

Ah, that's unfortunate. You can follow the guidelines shown in
http://gobolinux.org/index.php?page=livecd to create a special release
of it. It's quite simple once you have the cd uncompressed in your
environment.

> Can we mark it so 014 or the next release of 013 has
> SCSI compiled in, and not modules?  I can't imagine
> that causing any real problems.  I'm sure I'm not the
> only person who is using SCSI optical drives.

Sure we can. We have added a special attention to SCSI in this
release, but it was my fault to forget about FusionMPT. I'll modify
our current Linux recipe so that the next releases don't fall in the
same problem.

Regards,

--
Lucas