[gobolinux-users] dvb digital tv tuner does not work

barny rabbit ptay1685 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 10 01:42:44 UTC 2006

My TV tuner cards(s) work fine under Windows XP, Debian Etch, Ubuntu
Edgy Eft, Fedora Core 6, but not under GoboLinux 013 using Kaffeine.

The kernel detects the tuners and loads the drivers (as shown via a
dmesg), and the required entries appear in /dev/dvb and seem to be
correct.

But for some reason Kaffeine does not detect the presence of the tuners
(as displayed in the first time start up screen) and refuses to expose
its DVB functionality.

I compiled Kaffeine from the recipe and it seemed to compile ok - at
least their is an installed executeable and the application loads and
runs without crashing. I used the Gobo Manager to do the work for me.

Can anyone suggest a solution? Im guessing its something to do with
symbolic links and differences between Gobolinux and the traditional
Unix files structure, but its only a vague guess.

Thanks in advance.

barny