[gobolinux-users] upgrade 012 to 013

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon Nov 13 15:20:38 UTC 2006

On 11/13/06, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se> wrote:
> UpgradeSystem isn't what you're looking for. I'm not at my system
> right now so I can't check, but I think it was used to upgrade between
> 010 and 011 or similar. There's no script to do a system upgrade from
> 012 to 013, but otoh it can be used only using normal GoboLinux
> scripts, like Compile and InstallPackage. I'm still on 012 and haven't
> tried to upgrade yet (haven't had the time) so I don't know what has
> to be done to get a complete 013 system. Perhaps someone else could
> tell?

I've done my upgrade in another way at home. Booted with the LiveCD,
mounted my target partition and moved everything from the root
filesystem into a directory called 'Backup' (cd /Mount/GoboLinux;
mkdir Backup; mv * Backup).

After unmounting the partition, started the Installer, making sure
that the 'format partition' checkbox was NOT selected. After the
system's installation was complete, it was just a matter of slowly
moving ancient packages to /Programs and doing a SymlinkProgram.

--
Lucas