[gobolinux-users] The package for hungarian OpenOffice2.0.4

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Mon Nov 13 21:54:10 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:05:08 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Jonas, Thank You for your email, - I really not have gpg program!
> And now already I know, how should I sign a program!

Good! :)

> The OpenOffice package is created from a original binary (hungarian)
> RPM package, but in the original package the Fonts directory in the
> /Programs/OpenOffice/2.0.4/Shared is a REALLY directory, not a link,
> and in these Fonts directory are a few TTF fonts. I think, it is
> unlogical to have in a system two Fonts directory: one in the
> OpenOffice tree, and one in the /Files. I move the OpenOffice fonts to
> the /Files/Fonts/TrueType, and change the
> /Programs/OpenOffice/2.0.4/Shared/Fonts to a link. But, in the
> OpenOffice Fonts directory is the truetype directory with lower case,
> so I make this lowercase-link to the /Files/Fonts directory.

Ok. I've looked in the fonts folder of my OpenOffice and thought they only
occupy 644kB (small compared to the whole suite that occupies 308MB) and
easily could have been distributed I see what you mean. There could be a
problem with you moving the font files as the users using the package wont
be getting those files (as you removed them) but I compared the font files
in my version of OpenOffice (2.0.2 english) with the fonts in my
/Files/Fonts directory and they were exactly the same, so I guess that's
not a problem.

Though I have another solution for your package, if you still don't want
to distribute the fonts: Instead of making the link
/Programs/OpenOffice/2.0.4/Shared/Fonts -> /Files/Font, why don't you make
the link /Programs/OpenOffice/2.0.4/Shared/Fonts/truetype ->
/Files/Font/TrueType? Then the user doesn't have to bother with any links
and the package is useful directly after SymlinkProgram.

--
/Jonas