MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Nov 14 10:40:02 UTC 2006

"Martin O.B." <martinobal at gmail.com> wrote: [...]
> broken link. How about having an official repo for source files, which
> simply acts as a mirror of the official project's site (no tweaking) but
> ensures no broken links in Compile, for users who dont need to have the
> very latest version? [...]

I guess that disk space and bandwidth are the main problems.  There's
nothing to stop anyone mirroring the recipes, running a command like
source <((tar xjfO $recipe.tar.bz2 '*/Recipe')) && wget $url to build
such a mirror and then offering a patch which makes using that type of
mirror an option to Compile.

Welcome to GoboLinux!
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble