[gobolinux-users] Suggestion: Dependency checker

Martin Baldan martinobal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:03:28 UTC 2006

Hi, guys.

I've been asking about this in #gobolinux and they told me it would be ok to
send a request for a feature here, so there I go.

Wouldnt it be nice to have a recursive dependency checker, so that when you
want to remove a program, you can ask it and it tells you:

The following programs and will stop working properly:

and then a recursive tree of dependencies.

Notice that it wouldn't list the libraries no program is using any more
(Lucas told me that sometimes the user himself wants to use the libraries),
only those libraries and ultimately programs that are linked to what you
want to remove, by a chain of dependecies.

What do you think? Desirable? How easy/difficult to do? Are you already
working on this?

Regards,

Martin OB