[gobolinux-users] Compiling Glibc 2.5

Hisham Muhammad hisham.hm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 02:56:07 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Paul Dann <giddie at christian.net> wrote:
>   So what exactly /is/ the difference between the two?  I've been using
> UnionSandbox for the odd manual install, and it looks like that's what
> Compile uses.  That seems to do a lovely job of catching files outside
> the install dir.  How exactly is ChrootCompile different?

Oh, ok. I read this message in the end of a very long day, marked as "need
to reply" and thought "oh boy, I really need to write a doc page about this".

So, here it goes:

http://gobolinux.org/index.php?lang=en_US&page=chrootcompile

I did not link this anywhere in the site yet, because the last sentence is not yet true. :(
And Savannah seems to be down right now, so I can't fetch CVS to make the package. Once CVS is reachable again, we'll post a package for it.

-- Hisham