MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Nov 15 10:10:45 UTC 2006

"Hisham Muhammad" <hisham.hm at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are in process of improving the overall model of recipe development,
> starting by adopting a Subversion server. I'm currently working on
> cleaning up our store a bit so I can post an initial checkin. Once we can
> give recipe contributors svn access, we should be able to have
> recipe maintainers in a proper sense. This way we can have at least a
> subset of the recipes tree that has a more "official" status in a sense
> that it is maintained regularly.

Please can this be put on a more distributed revision control (git
or similar) than Subversion?  As you probably know, connections
from here to the current server locations across the Atlantic are
not as good as connections to local disk, and single points of
failure are bad ideas anyway.

Then again, no-one liked my suggestion of a more text-based recipe
mail format and it took me so long to get an easy way of generating
MIME attachments from my recipe kitchen system that I've lost track of
what I have and haven't submitted, but I've not had time to play catch
up yet, so there's pretty much none of my recipes in the tree yet, so
I guess I probably won't get access anyway.

(LocalRecipes here contains BCM43xx-FWCutter CPUDyn CurlFTPFS EmacsApp
EmacsOnAqua FFCall FreeTalk GetMail GNUstep-Back-Xlib GNUstep-Base
GNUstep-GUI GNUstep-Make HeirloomMailx LaptopModeTools LibOsip2
Linphone MailUtils Mobile-Update Monotone MzScheme NetClasses NTP ORTP
Poppler PopplerKit Procps SFLPhoned Sqlite TalkSoup Terminal
Util-Linux Vindaloo Wily Wine YATE ZLib but some of those might be
broken, surpassed or already submitted.)

Regards,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble