[gobolinux-users] Perl module problems

Carlo Calica carlo at calica.com
Wed Nov 15 18:24:04 UTC 2006

On 11/8/06, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se> wrote:

> To be honest I have never installed a perl module from recipe, I
> always use cpan instead. Maybe we can use cpan as well, I have a
> feeling that they know this better than us.

How do you have CPAN configured?  Specifically where does cpan install
the new perl modules?  I seem to remember that cpan, by default,
installs in /P/Perl/ which isn't good.  Somewhere in /Files makes
sense.  I would be great if the Perl package had a sane default config
for cpan (hint, hint :-).

PS.  Yes cpan is an "ugly other package manager" but it has full
coverage of perl modules.  That is a LOT of work to duplicate
especially wrt defining dependencies.

--
Carlo J. Calica