[gobolinux-users] General admin questions

Sean E. Russell gobo at ser1.net
Fri Nov 17 06:52:39 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:30, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> Why do you want to break the kernel compilation? 'Compile linux' does
> everything that needs to be done including installing the kernel and
> replacing the old kernel symlink, so grub will select it next boot.
> 'Compile linux' downloads the sources, unpacks and patches them and then
> launches 'make menuconfig'. When the user has selected whats needed (or

It doesn't do that for me.  It just asks me if I want to keep the existing
config, and no matter what I answer, it launches into compiling the kernel.
It does not perform a "make menuconfig". Do you have your system set up
differently than the system provided on the CD?

--
### SER
### Deutsch|Esperanto|Francaise|Linux|XML|Java|Ruby|Aikido|Iaido