[gobolinux-users] General admin questions

Paul Bonser misterpib at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 03:05:33 UTC 2006

On 11/16/06, Lucas C. Villa Real <lucasvr at gobolinux.org> wrote:
> On 11/17/06, Sean E. Russell <gobo at ser1.net> wrote:
> > On Wednesday 15 November 2006 10:30, Jonas Karlsson wrote:
> > > Why do you want to break the kernel compilation? 'Compile linux' does
> > > everything that needs to be done including installing the kernel and
> > > replacing the old kernel symlink, so grub will select it next boot.
> > > 'Compile linux' downloads the sources, unpacks and patches them and then
> > > launches 'make menuconfig'. When the user has selected whats needed (or
> >
> > It doesn't do that for me.  It just asks me if I want to keep the existing
> > config, and no matter what I answer, it launches into compiling the kernel.
> > It does not perform a "make menuconfig". Do you have your system set up
> > differently than the system provided on the CD?
>
> Does it make a difference if you run 'unalias make' before calling
> 'Compile Linux'? The problem can also be in your terminal's size,
> which must be large enough to fit the menu entries (80x25 is fine).

It never ran menuconfig for me, either. I just did a ctrl-c after it
finished unpacking, went to /Files/Compile/Source/Linux/2.6.xx and ran
make menuconfig myself, then reran Compile linux, telling it to use
the already existing source directory...
that did the trick for me..but I was curious why it didn't run
menuconfig when I seem to recall seeing in a couple of places that it
was supposed to do so.

--
PaulB