[gobolinux-users] gobohide with unionfs 1.4, own kernel

Lucas C. Villa Real lucasvr at gobolinux.org
Mon Nov 20 23:28:09 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, magnus joh <magnusjjj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying to compile my own kernel with the gobohide patches, squashfs
> and unionfs. Everything compiles fine, but when i test the livecd it fails
> horribly, kernel crash because of unionfs. I then tried recompiling without
> the gobohide patches, and everything works fine (except some smaller errors,
> not due to the kernel ;)).
>
> So. My question is this, when will the gobohide patches be updated for
> unionfs 1.4?

The problem with the current unionfs implementation is that it doesn't
use the Linux VFS, and so many tricks have to be implemented to allow
gobohide to work on it. I've decided not to touch it after some
unionfs patches, conforming to the VFS, were submitted to the
linux-fsdevel mailing list. I'm not tracking the kernel Changelog for
some months, but I guess it's going to be merged mainline soon.

I've made a kernel recipe based on the patches submitted to that list,
but I didn't take the time to test and finish it. I'm attaching it
here, just in case you want to check it out. Also, you might need to
adjust the gobohide patch and fix the diffs - I didn't do that for
this recipe. The patch you're more interested there is
'02-unionfs-2.0.patch'. The others are merely this patch splitted in
many parts.

> Sorry for my bad english, but i am in a hurry.

No problem.

--
Lucas