[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Wed Nov 22 09:04:12 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:22:50 +0100, Jonas Karlsson
<jonka750 at student.liu.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:54:25 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Dear Gobo-users, I probe (but not succeeded) compile the CDFS
>> filesystem.
>> Not succeeded. Voilá:
[...]
>> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]MakeRecipe
>> http://www.elis.ugent.be/~ronsse/cdfs/download/cdfs-2.6.12.tar.bz2
>> MakeRecipe: Creating recipe template for CDFS version 2.6.12.
>> MakeRecipe: Press Enter to continue or Ctrl-C to cancel.
>>
> [...]
>> What should I now make?
>>
> You should try CDFs 2.6.18, as 2.6.12 is for kernel 2.6.12, which is a
> bit old and surely the API has changed too much.

As it was a kernel module, it's kind of tricky to make a recipe that works
(one has to handle installation of kernel modules, which is outside of
sandbox). Therefore I made a recipe that should work (worked here with
Linux 2.6.17.13):

http://karlsson.sytes.net/GoboLinux/RecipeStore/CDFs--2.6.18--recipe.tar.bz2

Enjoy!
--