[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Wed Nov 22 12:02:17 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:43:35 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Jonas, it is not succeeded! Voilá:
>
> vz at Csiszilla ~]su -
> Jelszó:
> pv at Csiszilla ~]depmod -Ae
> pv at Csiszilla ~]modprobe cdfs
> FATAL: Error inserting cdfs
> (/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra/cdfs.ko): Invalid module
> format
> pv at Csiszilla ~]insmod cdfs.ko
> insmod: can't read 'cdfs.ko': No such file or directory
> pv at Csiszilla ~]dmesg | tail
[..]
> cdfs: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> cdfs: version magic '2.6.17.11-Gobo mod_unload PENTIUM4 REGPARM gcc-4.1'
> should be '2.6.17.11-Gobo SMP mod_unload PENTIUMII REGPARM gcc-4.1'

This was what I was looking for. Either you have to get the sources (if
it's the kernel shipped with 013, unfortunatly those is not available at
the moment) that was used to compile the kernel you're using right now or
you have to build your own kernel.
It is important, when you build kernel modules, that the sources and gcc
versions and configurations match the versions and configurations of the
running kernel. The configuration of the sources does not match the
configuration of the kernel. Where did you get the sources?

To dev: Could we make matching sources available for the kernels shipped
with 013? Is there a way to make them packages (and reduce size - all
what's needed is headers and configuration, right?)?

--
/Jonas