[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Wed Nov 22 12:24:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:43:35 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Jonas, it is not succeeded! Voilá:
>
> cdfs: no version for "struct_module" found: kernel tainted.
> cdfs: version magic '2.6.17.11-Gobo mod_unload PENTIUM4 REGPARM gcc-4.1'
> should be '2.6.17.11-Gobo SMP mod_unload PENTIUMII REGPARM gcc-4.1'

I did an experiment (didn't know if this would work) but you can actually
fix this, without having to fetch any other sources.
Just go to /Files/Compile/Sources/$(uname -r) and issue 'make menuconfig'.
In that menu, under "Processor types and features", make sure you have an
asterisk for "Symmetric multi-processing support" and that "Processor
family" reads (Pentium-II/Celeron(pre-Coppermine)). Then exit and answer
yes to the question if you want to save your configuration. Run 'Compile
--batch cdfs', copy the module and rerun 'depmod -Ae'. Now it should work!

--
/Jonas