[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Thu Nov 23 07:23:04 UTC 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:42:17 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I change the linux-2.6.17.11 directory to the linux-2.6.17.11-smp
>>
>> -headers, and probe newly compile the cdfs module. But, sorry...
>

> pv at Csiszilla /Programs]Compile cdfs
> Compile: Locating a recipe for cdfs ...
> Compile: Found recipe for cdfs
> GetRecipe: Trying to get /Files/Compile/Recipes/CDFs/2.6.18
> Compile: Recipe placed in /Files/Compile/Recipes/CDFs/2.6.18
> Compile: Checking dependencies...
> Compile: Compiling CDFs version 2.6.18.
> Compile: Directory '/Files/Compile/Sources/cdfs-2.6.18' already exists.
> Compile: What to do? [R]emove and reunpack/[B]ackup and reunpack/[U]se
> it/[C]ancel.
>
> /bin/make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/build
> SUBDIRS=/Files/Compile/Sources/cdfs-2.6.18 modules
> make[1]: Entering directory `/Files/Compile/Sources/linux-2.6.17.11-smp'
>   Building modules, stage 2.
>   MODPOST
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/Files/Compile/Sources/linux-2.6.17.11-smp'
> Compile: Stripping executables...
[...]
> And, in the /Programs/CDFs directory (and it's subrirectorys) now I find
> nothing cdfs.ko module...

Yes, the module is not built. I don't know what's missing (as I don't know
exactly what's needed) in the tarball Lucas made, but something is.
Playing around, trying to do 'make menuconfig' in the directory with
Lucas' headers I get "can't find file arch/i386/Kconfig", so maybe the
Kconfig files should be included. After I've copied all my Kconfig* files
 from my own kernel sources to Lucas' headers both 'make menuconfig' and
compilation of kernel module, using Lucas' sources, went fine.

Lucas: you may want to add the Kconfig* files to the header tarball.

/Jonas