[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Viola Zoltán violazoli at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 08:28:25 UTC 2006

Hello, I probe 'make menuconfig in Lucas's directory, but it give me error:

pv at Csiszilla /Files/Compile/Sources/linux-2.6.17.11-smp]make menuconfig
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/split-include
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/docproc
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/conf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/kxgettext.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/mconf.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/zconf.tab.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/mconf
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/checklist.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/inputbox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/lxdialog.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/menubox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/msgbox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/textbox.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/util.o
  HOSTCC  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/yesno.o
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/lxdialog/lxdialog
scripts/kconfig/mconf arch/i386/Kconfig
can't find file arch/i386/Kconfig
make[1]: *** [menuconfig] Error 1
make: *** [menuconfig] Error 2

Zoli

2006/11/23, Jonas Karlsson <jonka750 at student.liu.se>:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 01:42:17 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I change the linux-2.6.17.11 directory to the linux-2.6.17.11-smp
> >>
> >> -headers, and probe newly compile the cdfs module. But, sorry...
> >

> > pv at Csiszilla /Programs]Compile cdfs
> > Compile: Locating a recipe for cdfs ...
> > Compile: Found recipe for cdfs
> > GetRecipe: Trying to get /Files/Compile/Recipes/CDFs/2.6.18
> > Compile: Recipe placed in /Files/Compile/Recipes/CDFs/2.6.18
> > Compile: Checking dependencies...
> > Compile: Compiling CDFs version 2.6.18.
> > Compile: Directory '/Files/Compile/Sources/cdfs-2.6.18' already exists.
> > Compile: What to do? [R]emove and reunpack/[B]ackup and reunpack/[U]se
> > it/[C]ancel.
> >
> > /bin/make -C /lib/modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/build
> > SUBDIRS=/Files/Compile/Sources/cdfs-2.6.18 modules
> > make[1]: Entering directory `/Files/Compile/Sources/linux-2.6.17.11-smp'
> >   Building modules, stage 2.
> >   MODPOST
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/Files/Compile/Sources/linux-2.6.17.11-smp'
> > Compile: Stripping executables...
> [...]
> >
> > And, in the /Programs/CDFs directory (and it's subrirectorys) now I find
> > nothing cdfs.ko module...
> >
> Yes, the module is not built. I don't know what's missing (as I don't know
> exactly what's needed) in the tarball Lucas made, but something is.
> Playing around, trying to do 'make menuconfig' in the directory with
> Lucas' headers I get "can't find file arch/i386/Kconfig", so maybe the
> Kconfig files should be included. After I've copied all my Kconfig* files
> from my own kernel sources to Lucas' headers both 'make menuconfig' and
> compilation of kernel module, using Lucas' sources, went fine.
>
> Lucas: you may want to add the Kconfig* files to the header tarball.
>
> /Jonas

> >> shipped
> >>
> >> I've created a small package with the required files to compile kernel
> >> modules, based on the tree used to compile the kernel image on 013.
> >> I'll be adding a link to it to the 013 known issues page. In the
> >> meantime, the tarball can be fetched from
> >>
> http://gobolinux.org/download/kernel/linux-2.6.17.11-smp-headers.tar.bz2
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> --
> >> Lucas
> >> powered by /dev/dsp
> >>

> --

Honlapcsoportom: http://birodalom.net
A #86-os sorszámú hivatalosan bejegyzett GoboLinux felhasználó
The #86 official GoboLinux-user

A GoboLinux felhasználók hivatalos magyar fóruma:
The official forum for the hungarian GoboLinux-users:
http://linux.birodalom.net/gobophpbb