[gobolinux-users] LiveCD proposal: Use a windows folder to store information

Rafael Guterres Jeffman rafael at tteng.com.br
Thu Nov 23 11:52:09 UTC 2006

I once created a Linux image over NTFS, it does not work.

In fact it does work, but since NTFS do not have (or had) symlinks,
several files were duplicated, as the directory hierarchy in GoboLinux
is based on symlinks, it would be not feasible at all.

OTOH, there could be a way, by creating a big file on the NTFS
filesystem which would be mounted as a loopback device. I also did this
anh it works fine.

Although, I don't think there will be enough gain for GoboLinux to
implement such feature that would demand a lot of efforts from the
(still) small number of developers/maintainers.

Rafael