[gobolinux-users] How can I build the CDFS filesystem?

Jonas Karlsson jonka750 at student.liu.se
Thu Nov 23 12:00:44 UTC 2006

Ok, I don't get it why struct_module differs from the kernel and the
sources with the same version. I've rebuild the module with my 2.6.17.11
linux sources, with the correct configuration. Please download the new
revised package and try again.

http://karlsson.sytes.net/GoboLinux/PackageStore/CDFs--2.6.18--i686.tar.bz2

/Jonas

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:21:35 +0100, Viola Zoltán <violazoli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear jonas, big thanks for your help, but the cdfs-install not succeeded.
> This is the install- and error-list:
>
> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]InstallPackage cdfs
> InstallPackage: Locating a binary package for cdfs ...
> InstallPackage: Installing /Depot/Letolt/CDFs--2.6.18--i686.tar.bz2
> InstallPackage: Press Enter to continue or Ctrl-C to cancel.
>
> InstallPackage: Installing CDFs, version 2.6.18.
> InstallPackage: Uncompressing to /Programs...
> InstallPackage: Invalid signature.  Package has been modified
> InstallPackage: Suspect package in /Programs/CDFs/2.6.18
> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]SymlinkProgram cdfs
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking CDFs 2.6.18.
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking global settings...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking tasks...
> SymlinkProgram: Storing variable files...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking libraries...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking headers...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking info...
> SymlinkProgram: Updating info dir...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking manuals...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking executables...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking wrappers...
> SymlinkProgram: Symlinking shared...
> SymlinkProgram: Processed 1 file.
> SymlinkProgram: Do you want to install the unmanaged files? [Y/n]
> SymlinkProgram: Installing unmanaged files...
> SymlinkProgram: Removing unused directories...
> SymlinkProgram: Waiting for background tasks...
> SymlinkProgram: Done.
> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]mount /dev/hdc
> mount: unknown filesystem type 'cdfs'
> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]insmod cdfs.ko
> insmod: can't read 'cdfs.ko': No such file or directory
> pv at Csiszilla /Depot/Letolt]modprobe cdfs
> FATAL: Could not open
> '/System/Kernel/Modules/2.6.17.11-Gobo/extra/cdfs.ko':
> No such file or directory

[...]